Beef Stew and Dumplings Slow Cooker BBC Recipe – Today I made a beef stew and dumplings meal while in the slow cooker and wish to share my recipe with everybody since it tasted yummy.
Beef Stew and Dumplings Slow Cooker BBC
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into 2.5cm (1in) pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2.5cm (1in) pieces
- 1 large leek, cut into 1cm (½in) slices
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 kg (2lb 2oz) braising steak, cut into 4cm (1½in) chunks
- Plain flour, to dust
- 200 ml (7fl oz) red wine
- 600 ml (1 pint) beef stock
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
For the dumplings
- 125 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 60 g (2½oz) suet
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
Method / Direction :
Place the oil, vegetables and tomato purée in the bowl of this slow cooker. Dry the beef pieces with kitchen paper and dirt while using plain flour (tapping off excess). Boost crock pot with the wine, stock, rosemary as well as some seasoning. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 5hr or up until the beef is tender.
After 5hrs of cooking, increase the risk for dumplings. Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir inside the suet, parsley and a lot of seasoning. Add 100ml (3½fl oz) cold water and stir to have a soft (and slightly sticky) dough.
Take out the lid and discard the rosemary sprigs. Pinch off walnut-sized components of dough, gently roll into a ball and place atop the stew, spacing apart. Recover and cook for 1hr more. Look into the seasoning and serve with mashed potatoes.
Incoming recipe terms:
- jamie oliver beef stew and dumplings
- Mary Berrys beef stew with horseradish dumplings
- beef stew and dumplings jamie oliver
- marks and spencer beef stew and dumplings 450g cooler product
- marks and spencer beef stew
- mary berry cakes recipes
- mary berry horseradish dumplings
- stew meat potatoes bisquik
- tom kerridge itallian seafood pot
- keith floyd winter stew