Cheesecake Factory Chicken Piccata Recipe
Bertucci’s Chicken Piccata
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pound total)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brined capers
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken breast halves horizontally, butterflying them open.Put them between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them with a meat hammer to 1/4-inch thickness. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.Rinse the chicken pieces in water.
- Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated. Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add half of the chicken pieces Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate.Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan.Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the chicken stock (or white wine), lemon juice, and capers to the pan.Reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken.Sprinkle with parsley.