Denny’s Homemade French Toast Recipe
DaRecipe – Denny’s Homemade French Toast Recipe – Word’s cannot describe how wonderful this recipe is. Every other week, I make up large batches of it to put in the freezer. My kids pop a couple of slices into the microwave and have a delicious, hot breakfast before school.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
11 Minutes 11 Minutes 22 Minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
- When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
- Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet.
- Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until each side is golden brown.
- Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup.
First, and foremost, this recipe ROCKS!! Secondly, I have noticed a good bit of people are having issues with lumps or floating cinnamon. Best advice I can give, after experimenting with a few ways of doing it, is to mix your dry ingredients first. Followed by your milk, but like a third of it at first to get it wet. Add yours eggs in last. This should help get things well on their way with way less lumps. Enjoy!