Easy Boiled Broccoli Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Boiled Broccoli Recipe – “To keep broccoli beautifully green and slightly crunchy it’s best to boil or steam for just a few minutes. ” At first I struggled a bit with this recipe as it is not as easy as it might look. But I gave it a go anyway. Nowadays I think I mastered it. The broccoli is beautifully green and slightly crunchy. A meal that whole family can enjoy.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli
- a small of knob of unsalted butter
- Fill a large pan with water, add a tiny pinch of salt and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Meanwhile, on a chopping board, cut the florets from the broccoli, then cut or break them into bite-sized pieces.
- Trim and cut the stalk in half, then finely slice it.
- Once boiling, use a slotted spoon to carefully lower the broccoli into the water.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender – you should be able to poke the tip of a knife easily into the florets.
- Drain over the sink into a colander, then leave to steam dry for a minute.
- Tip back into the pan, then sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and toss to coat, then tip into a serving bowl and serve.
There are many ways to cook broccoli, but if you want to get the most out of it nutritionally, it’s best to boil or steam it for just a few minutes, keeping it green and slightly crunchy. Remember, the stalk is just as good to eat as the florets, so don’t waste it – chop it up and cook it too!