Easy French Toast Without Vanilla Recipe
DaRecipe – French Toast Recipe Without Vanilla – This is a delicious, basic French toast recipe made with eggs, milk, and bread. Serve this popular breakfast dish with butter and maple syrup. It’s the only French toast recipe you’ll need for your family breakfast, and it’s versatile. See the tips and variations for some additional ingredient ideas and topping suggestions. Did you know you can freeze French toast? Make big batches and freeze slices of cooked and cooled French toast in small food storage bags for easy breakfasts throughout the week. Just reheat in the skillet or pop the frozen slices in the toaster.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon with a pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg and 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger and 1/2 tsp allspice
- Honey is another good substitute for vanilla, though it may seem a bit too sticky if you also add maple syrup to your French toast.
- French toast tastes great whether it is fried, cooked on a skillet, or microwaved. The idea is to mix two eggs, the maple syrup and the vanilla substitute of your choice all together, making sure all the ingredients are perfectly blended.
- Dip the loafs of bread in the liquid on both sides for about 30 seconds and fry your french toast in a previously buttered pan or container. Make sure that you do not fry the bread on high heat, as it will burn from the outside, and stay raw from the inside. Cook each side of the bread for around 45 seconds.
- You can add a bit more of your vanilla substitute to garnish, especially if you have used ground spices, your French toast without vanilla will taste delicious!
Traditionally, French toast is an excellent way to use up stale bread, and to add a delicious treat to the family breakfast. Although eggs, sugar, butter, milk, bread, maple syrup and vanilla extract make a customary French toast, you can add your personal touch by making it a multitude of ingredients of your choice.