Easy Guacamole Alton Brown Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Guacamole Alton Brown Recipe – Easy and super delicious guacamole! I love guacamole. It is the perfect accompaniment to many of my favorite foods: fajitas, quesadillas, nachos, tacos. There’s not much that guacamole doesn’t improve. It’s also just insanely addictive with a big ‘ole bowl of tortilla chips. Anyone else notice that the jalapeno is included in ingredients but cannot be found anywhere in the directions?? I added it of course. Just thought it was curious. I thought this was great. I left out the cilantro, too. I just don’t like cilantro. Otherwise I followed the recipe and it turned out very well. Served at a party and there was none left.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
20 Minutes 1 Hour 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 3 Hass avocadoes, halved, seeded and peeled (or 4 small ones)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Wash and prepare produce.
- Put avocado innards and lime juice into a large bowl, toss to coat.
- Add salt, cumin, and cayenne, and mash with a potato masher or whatever you can find to mash it with.
- Fold in onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Let sit at room temp temperature for an hour, then serve.
I made this per the recipe the first time. It was really good but I felt it was missing something. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but…one time I made this recipe and was out of Roma tomatoes. So in a pinch I used a can of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes (original). Well let me tell you this was that flavor I was missing! So my suggestion: follow AB recipe but instead of diced romas just toss in a can of Ro-Tel and your taste buds shall be rewarded ! Taste it !