Easy Jambalaya Emeril Lagasse Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Jambalaya Emeril Lagasse Recipe – I have made this recipe over a dozen times. It’s easy, delicious and it never gets old. Now that I am pregnant I buy the nitrate-free andouille sausage at Trader Joe’s and it tastes just as good.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
30 Minutes 30 Minutes 1 Hour
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces Andouille sausages, sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces.
- Stir in rice and slowly add broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage.
- Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
We’ve made this recipe at least 3x/month & love it!! Our trick is using 2 boneless skinless chkn thighs, trimming off all the fat & rendering it down to get all the liquid chkn fat out, & then browning our sliced andouillie in it. Set the andoullie aside and use all the remaining liquid in place of the olive oil the recipe calls for. Also to make the seasoning easy we just use Tony Satcheries Cajun seasoning. We use a bit more onion, gr pepper & celery as well and of course fresh raw cleaned argentine large shrimp. Lastly be sure to chk rice tenderness b4 adding the proteins. We usually add 5 or so minutes of cook time. Trust me people. Jambalaya doesn’t get better than this!!