Easy Paula Deen Broccoli Salad Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Paula Deen Broccoli Salad Recipe – This was an excellent recipe with broccoli as the main ingredient. I didn’t use salt or pepper and I didn’t use the tomatoes, but this dish was fantastic. One of the best broccoli salads I’ve ever had. Very easy to put together, does require a bit of prep, but overall it doesn’t take long. And the longer it marinates together before serving, the better it tastes. We loved this salad. The textures are fantastic and the flavour is amazing. Easy to make to boot. I halved it this time but will make the full recipe next time. This would be great to pack in a lunchbox !
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 head broccoli
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli.
- Remove tough stalks at end and wash broccoli thoroughly.
- Cut flowerets and stems into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon, onion, raisins, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
I double the amounts (except for the dressing, only need to increase by 1/2) and use dried cranberries instead of raisins…I make it the day/night before to let all the flavors come together..but I reserve the onions til ready to serve(I find they get to overpowering)… the past year or so, I have started using broccoli slaw instead of the chopped broccoli to cut the prep time and flavors are just as good…(and is great to layer on a barbeque sandwich)