Easy Qdoba Guacamole Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Qdoba Guacamole Recipe – Yummy! Great recipe, very close to Qdoba’s guacamole which I love. I do add some finely diced tomato for flavor and color and omit the cayenne. It’s great with chips and I even like it to top a grilled burger!
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 4 Ripe avocados
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- ¼ Red onion, approximately ½ cup chopped
- 1 Lime juiced, approximately 1 tbsp.
- ¼ Tsp. Coarse salt
- On a chopping board, slice avocado in half and remove the seed. With a large spoon, scoop out the center of the avocado and place in a glass or plastic bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency is reached.
- Place the jalapeno pepper on the chopping board and remove stem, core, and seeds. Finely chop jalapeno and add to blended avocado.
- Peel red onion and place on chopping board. Chop red onion into small pieces and add to mixture. Blend together.
- Wash and pat dry the fresh cilantro. Place on the chopping board and finely chop cilantro leaves. Add to avocado, jalapeno, and red onion.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over guacamole. Lime juice should equal approximately one tablespoon. Add coarse salt and stir all ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for one to two hours for flavors to blend into a delicious guacamole dip.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips or as a compliment to your favorite Mexican dish.
Fresh ingredients are the key to a delicious guacamole dip. Choose avocadoes that give slightly when pressed with the thumb this signals peek ripeness. Avoid avocados that are rock hard or are mushy to the touch. Cilantro should not appear wilted, and jalapeno pepper should appear deep green with no bruising. A flavorful addition to guacamole is seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes. Use caution when working with jalapeno peppers. Wash your hands immediately or wear gloves to avoid eye irritation caused by accidentally rubbing your eyes. Make your guacamole on the same day you plan to serve it. Prolonged refrigeration will cause the dip to become discolored. Guacamole is more than a chip dip. Spread it over a whole-grain tortilla and top with shredded chicken, low-fat grated cheese, and salsa for a delicious and nutritious lunch.