Easy Red Lobster Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Red Lobster Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – This is a great recipe! I made mine with chicken browned off inside the garlic butter. If only I had created used a better grade of cheese as I think it could have designed a huge difference in flavor. I added fresh ground pepper and reduced the salt a bit. In addition, i added extra cheese and did thicken the sauce slightly with cornstarch. Once I place the dish together however I wished I had not thickened my sauce. I too made extra sauce. I made enough for just two pounds of fettuccine. This recipe was well liked. I most certainly will work with it again.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
20 Minutes 20 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound cooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir shrimp and garlic in the butter for about one minute. Pour in half and half; stir. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly. After all Parmesan is added, mix in parsley and salt. Stir frequently making sure it does not boil. Sauce will take a while to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.
It tastes just like the shrimp alfredo from Red Lobster…yum!! The sauce didn’t thicken so I used cornstarch to speed it up. I also doubled the sauce a bit. I found it wasn’t enough for 1lb. of pasta.