Easy Rocco’s Tacos Guacamole Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Rocco’s Tacos Guacamole Recipe – Simplicity is the key to avocados, and Rocco’s understands this. They don’t mess with mayo or blenders or any such absurdity. A waiter wheels out a cart loaded with fresh avocados and a mortar and pestle. He throws in some cilantro, tomatoes, onions, and a dash of Rocco’s secret spice mix, which includes paprika and other goodies. Everything is mashed together in front of your salivating stare. The result is addictive. Scoop this stuff up with crunchy, fresh tortilla chips — also dusted with secret spices — and you won’t be able to stop.
SERVING : 3-4
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
5 Minutes 10 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 2 ripe avocados (Hass are best but any ripe avocados will work).
- 1 demitasse spoon of salt.
- 1 demitasse spoon of Rocco’s Tacos spice (if you don’t have this choose flavors you like such as cumin or cayenne pepper, or use another mixed spice such as Chinese 5 Spice, Emeril’s Essence, anything along those lines that you enjoy).
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon roasted poblano peppers, stems and seeds removed, minced.
- 2 tablespoons diced red tomato.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado to the desired texture.
- Add the chopped cilantro, lime, salt, Rocco’s spices, and mash some more. Peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with adding just a pinch until you reach your desired degree of hotness.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste and have fun with it. Add your favorite ingredients to spice it up – shrimp, crab, vegetables, garlic, onion, chopped jalapeño, etc.
Serve with tortilla chips.