Easy Sweet Homemade French Toast Recipe
Da Recipe | Easy Sweet Homemade French Toast Recipe – “A tasty treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Crumbled cornflakes make the texture a little different than most other recipes.” In any case it was delicious and easy to make!
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cornflakes cereal, crumbled
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Add all ingredients to list
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Take a small handful of cornflakes and crumble them into the mixture. Stir well.
- Soak the bread slices in the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Place the bread slices in the pan; brown on both sides. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar; serve hot.
I made this with our local bakery’s cinnamon swirl bread and cut into nice thick slices. It made 4 slices so I added a couple more eggs and milk with a dash of syrup and made 2 more. It came out nicely crisp and moist. French toast is always made best with day old or drier bread.