Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
DaRecipe – Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe – This is a decent base recipe, but the proportion of the ingredients I felt was way off. A whole package of lasagna was way too much.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
25 Minutes 1 Hour 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to list
- Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
I used 12 noodles total. I also felt 2 jars of pasta sauce would have totally drowned this lasagna, and I am a huge sauce fan and tend to use more than others. 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 was more like it. It also lacked spice, and I added several spices to the veggies while cooking them (garlic salt, onion powder, onion salt, garlic salt, parsley). I also used different veggies since I hate mushrooms: 1 red pepper, 1 onion, 1 zucchini and 1 package of microwaved frozen chopped spinach. I’m always trying to lighten things up a bit so I used reduced fat (not fat free) cheeses and only used 1 egg and it was really good.