DaRecipe | Easy Eggplant Parm Baked Recipe – First class recipe that I ran across themselves grilling outside. Some add egg to my recipe and end it with a bit of Parmesan cheese. “Eggplant slices are coated with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked between layers of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese for just a filling Italian-inspired meal. Add fresh garlic and basil to taste. I prefer 2 to 4 cloves fresh garlic and 5 to 10 leaves of freshly harvested basil within the sauce. Fresh basil layered with the layers adds numerous’fresh’flavor !
Easy Eggplant Parm Baked Recipe
SERVING : 2
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
20 Minutes 45 Minutes 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more to taste
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise and pulp scooped from peel leaving two shells
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice, divided
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Put bread crumbs in a bowl with enough water to cover; set aside to soak.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and garlic in hot oil until the beef is completely browned and no large chunks remain, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir eggplant into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until eggplant is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and set aside to allow mixture to cool.
- Drain excess water from bread crumbs and dump into a large bowl; add ground beef mixture, half the tomatoes, rice, Italian cheese blend, egg, and basil. Stir the mixture until ingredients are evenly mixed, adding more liquid from the tomatoes if too dry; season with salt and pepper. Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and put into a large baking dish. Top with remaining tomatoes and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove foil, and continue baking until beginning to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes more.
I made this dish because Appears searching for different methods cooking with ground beef. It absolutely was good but I’m sure when I’ll complete a red gravy to top it with as well as cheese there just wasn’t an ample amount of the tomato taste as well as a little bit more basil and a little Italian seasoning. We stuck to Easy Eggplant Parm Baked Recipe and loved the flavor. About the only negative is the fact that eggplant didn’t give the number of pulp that I expected. The end result had been a very tasty dish that was kind of overbalanced in ground beef as well as texture with the eggplant wasn’t significant expected. The end result had been a very tasty dish that was kind of overbalanced in ground beef as well as texture with the eggplant wasn’t significant.