French Toast With Cinnamon Recipe
Da Recipe | French Toast With Cinnamon Recipe – “There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread – white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.” Very tasty recipe. I added a tiny bit of ground cloves to it to zest it up. Will definitely use this recipe again.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
5 Minutes 15 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to list
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
If your using thicker bread or are soaking the bread for a while, I would suggest covering the griddle or pan with a lid. This will cook the inside of the bread, making it less soggy, i also prefer to use butter or margarine in the pan rather than oil, gives it more flavor. Excellent, quick and delicious. Some adjustment of ingrediants may be required for personal taste.