Homemade Best Ever Lasagna Recipe
DaRecipe – Homemade Best Ever Lasagna Recipe – Oh my goodness sakes alive!!! This is without a doubt the best lasagna I have ever tasted. I can’t rave about it enough. I love the mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage in the sauce. Rich, and cheesy as well. Made this last weekend for a special family get together. It was so outstanding. My guests thought it deserved more than 5 stars. Really, the best lasagna I have ever eaten. The preparation involves a little time but it was worth it. This is the best !!
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
1 Hour 1 Hour 30 Minutes 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- Brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice; stirring until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer,but watch for getting too dry).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine riccota cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1lb of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Excellent! Really enjoyed the meaty gravy and compiled a “best of” from the other comments on this board. I used half cottage and half ricotta cheese and found it to be a great combination. I used uncooked pasta (not oven ready) and it turned out perfectly. I added 1 can of tomato paste full of water to the gravy and baked it for 35 minutes covered with tin foil and 25 minutes uncovered. Let stand for 20 minutes and it was not messy at all. The pasta soaked up all the extra liquids. Wow.