Homemade Italian Sauteed Eggplant Recipe
Da Recipe | Homemade Italian Sauteed Eggplant Recipe – This recipe came out good! There is nothing like a simply cooked dish of eggplant, one of the world’s most beloved vegetables and one that several cuisines—Italian, Turkish, and Indian, most notably—treat with near reverence.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
25 Minutes 12 Minutes 37 Minutes
- Ingredients 3 tablespoons Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 large = 6 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add eggplant; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add undrained tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until hot.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Used olive oil and green pepper along with eggplant, then added a large diced heirloom tomato and some Italian seasoning and topped with grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Served as side for sauteed tuna medallion. Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy. I tried another recipe for stir fried eggplant on this site and this one is much better. I didn’t add as much sugar and garlic powder. And I didn’t have any pepper flakes on hand, so I added a hint of tabasco. It came out great.