Homemade Pasta Con Broccoli Recipe
DaRecipe – Homemade Pasta Con Broccoli Recipe – This recipe was just alright. I used half and half instead of cream so that may have had something to do with it. I thought it was just kind of bland. Next time i’ll use more spices.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
5 Minutes 15 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 4 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to list
- Cook fettuccini in a large pot of boiling salted water until “almost” done. Drain, and return noodles to pot.
- Stir cream, butter or margarine, tomato sauce, garlic, and broccoli into the noodles. Simmer until noodles are done. Stir in sliced mushrooms, and remove from heat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I’ve made this so many times since my original review I decided to up date. I have been making it a bit differently now too. I usually use bow tie or whole wheat penne pasta. I boil it, and when it’s about half/1/4 done I add the broccoli. In a seperate sauce pan (while the water and pasta boil) I sautee about 1-2 tsp jarred garlic in butter until it starts to smell sweet. I then add mushrooms(about 8 oz)and sautee them with a about 1 TBS of white wine. I then add the cream (lately though I’ve been using fat free half and half and if needed thicken it with a bit of corn starch) and some basil. I then add the tomato sauce (one small can) and freshly ground pepper and salt. I let the sauce simmer covered until the pasta and broccoli are done, then add the sauce to the drained pasta and broccoli. It is a bit more work, but I like having the sautee’d mushrooms and letting the flavors meld together in the sauce. I serve it topped with parm cheese.