Homemade Roasted Baby Eggplant Recipe
DaRecipe – Homemade Roasted Baby Eggplant Recipe – I made this roasted baby eggplant recipe sounds just fantastic. I am going to fix these for dinner tonight can’t wait. It will be our entre what do you serve with them
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
15 Minutes 30 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 6 baby or small Japanese eggplants (about 3 pounds)
- 3 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces Feta cheese, sliced for serving
- Heat oven to 450°F. Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise, cutting only about 3/4 of the way through so the eggplant halves remain attached at the top. Arrange the eggplants in a baking dish at least 2 inches deep, such as a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Thinly slice 1 lemon. Squeeze the juice from the remaining 2 lemons. Insert the lemon slices into the slit in each eggplant, then press some garlic and oregano into each slit. Season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the eggplants with the lemon juice and oil. Cover with foil and roast, basting frequently with the juices in the dish, until the eggplants are very soft, about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for 5 more minutes. Transfer to individual plates and top with the pan juices and Feta.
Just made these and the recipe was perfect! I added some shredded mozzarella and sliced off a little of the bottom to make them flat then cut the tops off and scooped out standing up instead of two halves. I finished some by adding cheese on top but the ones without were perfect. The extra cheese wasn’t really needed though, and the one I stuffed without the extra cheese was the best.