Homemade Skinny Girl Margarita Recipe
DaRecipe – Homemade Skinny Girl Margarita Recipe – Super fresh, skinny margaritas made with fresh lime juice, orange juice and agave nectar. The best margarita you’ll ever have!
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
5 Minutes 5 Minutes 10 Minutes
- Kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) silver tequila
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons/about 1 ½ small limes) fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons/about ½ of a medium orange) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge or round, for garnish
- Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Slice off a small piece of lime and run the wet edge of the slice along half of the rim of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and orange juice and agave nectar. Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
If you’d prefer a light sprinkling of salt all around the rim, just pour a very thin layer of salt onto your plate and run the lime slice around the entire rim of the margarita glass. The nutrition information below does not include the salt on the rim because the amount consumed is highly variable (and the salt is optional).