Olive Oil Roasted Eggplant with Lemon Recipe
Da Recipe | Olive Oil Roasted Eggplant with Lemon Recipe – Salting the eggplant first and then letting it sit to drain is a *must* for this recipe. Not only does it take out some of the moisture to improve the texture for roasting, but it also cuts the bitterness of the eggplant. I’ve tried it both ways; salting, draining, rinsing, and drying the eggplant beforehand gives a *much* tastier and better textured end product.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
15 Minutes 25 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters. Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot.
This is a very good basic recipe for roasted eggplant, and you can pretty much change the seasonings at will to match whatever you may wish to eat the eggplant with. I’ve tended to leave it at salt, pepper, and basil and it comes out terrific every time.