Pioneer Woman Beef Barley Soup Recipe
DaRecipe – Pioneer Woman Beef Barley Soup Recipe – Take the chill off with a warm bowl of this filling soup
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
30 Minutes 30 Minutes 1 Hour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Beef Cubes (for Stew)
- 1 whole Large Onion, Medium Diced
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 whole Carrots, Smaller Ends Cut Into Rounds, Larger Ends Diced
- 2 whole Potatoes, Large Dice
- 1-½ teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (or To Taste)
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 6 cups Beef Stock
- 2 cups Water Or As Needed
- ½ cups Pearl Barley
- ½ teaspoons Thyme
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Size) Diced Tomatoes
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Brown the beef cubes for three minutes in the oil, then add the onions and garlic. Lower the heat to medium low and cook until the onions are cooked and just start to caramelize. Stir as needed to keep onions and garlic from burning. Lower heat if necessary; drizzle a little more olive oil if needed to keep food from sticking.
- Add everything except the tomatoes to the pot and stir well. Increase the heat and bring the soup to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally. Adjust heat as necessary to keep soup at a slow simmer. If the soup thickens too much, add a little more water or broth.
- Taste to correct seasonings, then add tomatoes and simmer for another hour. Remove bay leaf before serving.
I doubled the carrots. Replaced the water with a splash of red wine (yum) and at the last minute decided to shake 1TBS of flour with 1C of heavy cream and threw it in. Made the soup a bit more stick-to-the-bones-yummy! By the way, this soup is plenty salty on its own, buy sodium free beef stock (or better yet, use homemade and control the salt).
Incoming recipe terms:
- PRIME RIB BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- recipe for tom kerridge itailian eseafood pot
- Prime Rib and Barley Soup
- paula deen
- pioneer woman beef barley soup recipe
- recipe using bones from prime rib
- beef barley soup with leftover prime rib
- Tyler Florence barley soup
- soup recipe using bones from rib roast
- prime rib bones soup recipe pioneer woman