Simple Fluffy French Toast Recipe
DaRecipe – Simple Fluffy French Toast Recipe – French toast recipe is different because it uses flour. OMG! I love french toast and thought that my recipe was great until I tried this one. The addition of flour made me curious to try it and I’m glad that I did. It really made a difference. In my opinion this recipe is way better than the restaurants. I pretty much followed the instructions although I eye balled the measurement of the ingredients and omitted the salt. The toast turned out golden brown on the outside, moist and fluffy on the inside…As others mentioned you have to let your bread soak briefly in the mixture to absorb some of the liquid flavor. DON’T just dunk and take out immediately. To avoid soggy toast do not cook too fast on high heat. Cook on medium heat until golden brown on each side…After the toast are done I usually sift powered sugar on top and serve with warm syrup. The presentation just looks pretty.
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
10 Minutes 20 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread
- Add all ingredients to list
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
This is the only way I’ll make my french toast. It tastes like a restaurant’s. The flour is the secret. Instead of adding cinnamon to the batter, I dip the bread, flip, sprinkle with cinnamon, put on the griddle (cinnamon side down), and sprinkle on the other side. I love it with cinnamon.