Simple Lasagna No Meat Recipe
DaRecipe – Simple Lasagna No Meat Recipe – “This saucy lasagna is one of my specialties,” says Sharon Allen of Allentown, Pennsylvania. “It’s packed with fresh-tasting vegetables, such s zucchini, mushrooms, carrots and peppers. The colorful casserole is a great way to celebrate the bounty of summertime.”
Preparation time Cook time Ready in
20 Minutes 1 Hour 15 Minutes 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or small curd creamed cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the parsley and oregano.
- Spread 2 cups of the pasta sauce in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches; top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Spread with 2 cups pasta sauce and top with 4 noodles; repeat with 2 cups pasta sauce and 4 noodles. Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Spread with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This recipe freezes great and it is a great way to use up all that zucchini.” I put about 5-6 cloves of garlic, I forgot the carrots (I will add them the next time), 2 heaping teaspoons of pepper, and about 1 heaping tablespoon of some wet, squeezable Italian seasonings from a tube. The tubed Italian seasoning replaced the basil and rosemary. Loved it!”